Saturday, November 6, 2010

Street Art

My mate and I watched the Banksy film "Exit Through The Gift Shop", even though I am not a die hard fan of graffiti I did enjoy the various styles of graffiti that were presented throughout the film. 

Some notable street artists are  Invader and Mr. A ( Andre) who had caught my eye with their authentic styles of street art. After watching this movie my respect for street art grew tenfold, inspiring me to think of art as a way of gaining respect and notoriety. "Exit Through The Gift Shop" is amazing. 



André aka Monsieur André aka Monsieur A, is a French graffiti artist. He became famous in the late 90's with Mr A, a cartoonish character with a round head, a cross and a circle for his eyes, a big smile and very long legs, which he used to draw all over the streets of Paris.






Invader (born 1969) is a French street artist who pastes up characters from and inspired by the Space Invaders game, made up of small colored square tiles that form a mosaic. He does this in cities across the world, then documents this as an "Invasion", with books and maps of where to find each invader.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment